There are many tools and software out there to build a website, but majority of them costs you money. Don’t worry if you do not have the money to fund for your website because today I am going to share with you how to build a free website.
Yes! You heard me right, a free website it is and the best part is it only takes minutes to completely set up your site regardless of the purpose of your website(such as building your own business or even if you have passion for blogging), which I will be explain in details as we go on.
Cant wait to build your website now? Then start immediately!
If you like what you see so far and want to find out more, continue to read on…
Key Characteristics of a website
Before even getting the foundation of your website up, it is crucial you understand the key characteristics that will define your website. A poorly(or unattractive) built website can cause more damage to you business then you could even imagine off.
So without further ado, I will move on to them
- Appearance of your website – Remember one thing, first impression always count. First impression is not only when you meet a person face to face but in every other contexts as well. Your website must portray a professional and appealing feel when someone visits your site. Your appearance will play a part in reflecting your company, products or services too. An attractive site will generate more visitors and keep them in your site longer.
- Usability of the site such as the loading timing of your pages – When we talk about building a website, it is good that we are to be in the shoes of the potential buyer or reader. Ask yourself, would you stay long in a website that takes 5 minutes to load a page? or loads a page with lots of error. Obviously not, one would rather move on to another website than just waiting. Take note, every customer that leaves your website because of this is a potential customer. When you lose potential customers, you are going to lose more sales resulting in poor revenue.
- Full of rich and quality content – Ever heard of this? Content is King! This is absolutely true, you website has to provide the substance. In other words, you need to provide your audience with the proper amount of information that they need to make that decision which can lead to sales. If you site lacks of content, your potential audience will click the “back” button and seek information from other websites.
- Easy to navigate – Remember that your audience just like you and me have a short attention span and are very impatient. Making them go around “on a wild goose chase” can hurt you badly. In other words, your content on your website should be properly organised so that it is easy to find and move about. For instance, in your menu item at the top, you cant be placing 15 to 20 categories on top which will make your website look “messy” and unappealing too.
Ways to go about building your website
#1: Build it yourself- Adobe Dreamweaver
Adobe Dreamweaver is a web development tool which is one of the options you can use to build your website.
They provide a 30-Day free trial, after that if you willing to continue you are required to pay a sum of money(monthly or annually) and the price depends on which option you select.
It would be beneficial if you have somewhat experience because it will cut short your learning time. In other words, Adobe Dreamweaver would require you to do some coding which may seem complicated and can leave your “stranded” if you are very new to website building.
Take Note: If you think you are in a rush to build your website, or you do not want to feel “pain in the ass” because of the setting up complications I would greatly recommend that you DO NOT step into this.
#2: Content Management System (CMS)
Content Management System which is also known as Web Management System is a tool(or software) that allows you to creates pages, post, menus, widget and many more easily. One good example of a CMS is WordPress, which I highly recommend to anyone who wants to build a website.
I’ve bet you have sure heard of WordPress somewhere, it is one of the most widely used website framework in the world.
Once your WordPress built website is hosted, you can access to your website from any computer(though you require internet connection).
Here are some benefits of using WordPress,
- It is very user friendly, easy to navigate around
- Search Engine Optimization(SEO) friendly
- Build you website in a “jippy” – Quick installations and setup
- You do not need to be a expert in website building – HMTL or coding-FREE
- You can easily get professional assistance – support
Have you wondered why every website you go to look different?
It is simply because of this, THEMES. WordPress allows you to select specific themes you want depending on your purpose of your website. Though there are only limited amount of free themes,
BUT WAIT! Don’t Forget you already got a free website.
The wait is over!!! You can now build your very own website for FREE!
Don’t worry about the hassle of creating websites because you can now create you own free website in just seconds. This video below will show you how to create your very own website in under 30 seconds.
As a matter of fact, the exact website I am using was built the same way as what you will see in the video.
Basically, there are Two steps that you need to do in order to create your very own website
Step 1: Build you website using siteRubix.com – it is free($0)
Step 2: Create account(Free for everyone) – You will get to make TWO FREE websites + training on how setting up your website
And Puuuuuuuushhhhhhhhh… You have got your free WordPress website that is completely functional and you can immediately start working on your website.
Help is for you everywhere!
If you are unsure of the process or have any lingering questions in your mind, don’t hesitate to voice it out.You can simply leave a comment below or connect with me at Wealthy Affiliate through my profile.
I will be glad to answer all of your queries and am looking for to hearing from you soon.