Is Project Breakthrough a scam or legitimate opportunity to make money online? If you are wondering whether this program is going to work, you have definitely come to the right place. I will be doing a review on it to share with you the real truth behind this money making opportunity.
I noticed that there are lots of mixed reviews with regards to the Project Breakthrough program. Some say it’s a great opportunity to start earning income immediately while some others say it’s nothing but a scam.
So what’s my personal take on this? If you ask me, PBT may not necessarily be a scam because they do offer some decent information, a better way I shall put is, I wouldn’t recommend it. One reason is because this program is going to cost you tons of money, also, there are too many flaws in this program. I will go into further details about them right below.
I highly encourage that you spend a couple of minutes to read this review thoroughly because this could actually not only save you lots of time but also MONEY!
Without further ado, I will go straight to the more “important” stuff! So please bare with me as I walk you through this entire process.
Name: Project Break Through
Owner: Jason McClain & Vick Strizheus
Price: Free to join, $297 to upgrade + Plenty of Upsells
What is Project Breakthrough all about?
Project Breakthrough is a step-by-step training course that is in the form of videos. This program is fairly new because it has only been recently launched, no wonder there was so much commotion about it all around the internet.
Currently, I am already involved in an online learning community called Wealthy Affiliate. Like everybody else, I too was curious to know what was all these hypes about, which led me to try and test out the program for myself even though I am already a member elsewhere.
To be honest, I am quite surprised how they have set up this course. This is only a 14-day course, and it was quite bold that they claimed you will definitely make money within 14 days.
According to their website, this is what you can expect by the end of 14 days,
- Earn commissions online – Real Cold Hard Cash!?
- Understand how the procedures work so you can replicate it over and over again
- How to scale and multiply your income – In other words how to use the same concept that led to 1 sale and eventually allows you to make up to $50,000 or more per month.
Seriously, who would ever want to pass this opportunity if it is going to teach you how to become rich online. Most average people earn around $2,000 -$3,000 from their 9-5 jobs. Making 5 figure monthly income is beyond most of our imagination.
I’m curious to see where this program is going to take me to. I will update this review as I complete the lessons from Day 1 to Day 14 so you will have a rough gauge of how it works.
Who are the Owners?
The owners of project breakthrough are Jason McClain and Vick Strizheus. They both are also co-founders of a program called High Traffic Academy(I will go into this slightly later on). These guys here have a vast amount of experience(32 years, combined) in the online marketing industry which is one of the reasons why the probably made lots of money.
If you watch the videos, you would notice that both these guys seem like a total down to earth kinda people. I too was surprised of how genuine and friendly they sound. But hey, don’t judge a book by its cover. As an online marketer, it’s like their duty to be as genuine as possible especially when on cameras, if not nobody will even trust them.
I didn’t really know much about them, and since they said they have made millions of dollars online… I was quite curious to do a background check on them.
I typed in “Vick Strizheus” in Google, and the first thing that came out was…
“Vick Strizheus is an online marketing scam artist from Ukraine. He focuses on traffic generation and teaching others how to generate traffic to their websites.”
Seriously, for a moment, I was shocked. “What, a Scam Artist?”
After doing more research on him, I start to doubt him more and more. His real antics were revealed one by one!
You can read the entire article here!
Not only that, in his introduction video inside Project Breakthrough members area, Vick talked about being sentenced to prison for insurance theft. I know being transparent is good, but these just made my impression on him worst. Judging by his bad reputation as a “scam artist” and insurance theft made me more skeptical.
He said he changed, but you will never know the truth.
I’m only trying out this program because it’s free to join. If I’m requested to pay money upfront. I wouldn’t even bother about this opportunity.
Unique Approach – Good Or Bad?
The training course here at project breakthrough seems to be on a slightly different approach. Instead of bombarding you with all sorts of information, they have devised a formula to help you make money online. Also, they told that this training has nothing to do with building websites – Which is my greatest concern!
The co-founders mentioned in their introduction video that they want people to follow the leaders (in this case, them) and don’t ask questions in order to replicate the exact or similar success.
As you can see from the above snippet, they have made it in such a way that you can’t skip any videos and straight jump to the climax. You have to completely sit through the entire introduction episode before the “Day 1” training unlock. Besides that, the remaining episodes will self-unlock itself each day accordingly. For instance, Day 2(24 hours later) and Day 3(48 hours later).
The reason for this is because they want you to learn and take action from that particular episode to maximize your learning capacity and eventually help you earn income.
My Personal Experience
The reason I’m going to include this section here is so that you guys will have a better understanding of what you can expect within the episodes. Each episode lasts over an hour, so it’s going to be quite long. I will sit through the entire 14 days and extract all the key details that I feel you must know so that you don’t have to spend your time going through them one at a time.
Day 1: How to build an Online Business
I expected to really learn the basics of how to build an online business, unfortunately, it wasn’t that case. Being in the online industry for 11 months now, I already have a rough idea of how things really work. But if you are a beginner or totally new to this online business thingy you will struggle to understand what is really happening.
They did try to simplify the process by using, “how to build a house” and “how to bake a cake” examples. But I was expecting something more related towards the business terms. They keep telling to follow them step-by-step(I think I heard it more than 10 times), but so far there was anything to follow.
All in all, there was lots of talking and explanation. I felt that lots of things were being repeated over and over again, and felt a bit draggy. Lastly, they closed off the session with an assignment, basically, they want you to come up with some monetary goals for the next couple of weeks.
Day 2: Understanding Online Marketing
- Today was another slow day, I will be patient because today is just Day 2.
- However, it was quite informative because they went through the basics of online marketing
- For e.g., what is Affiliate Marketing, Affiliate Networks, How to pick an Affiliate Network, Sales Funnel, Traffic Generations methods, Facebook Marketing and etc.
- They also explained about the different marketing terms such as CTA, sales funnel, CPC, CPM
- They introduced High Traffic Academy in their training – Very brief
Day 3: The quickest way to profit
- Today is what I call the “revealing” day because you will now find out what Project Breakthrough is all about and how you are going to go about making money.
- It started with lots of useful information. Basically, what you learn on day 1 & day 2 will be put into place with something additional info.
- I learned that “the money is in the list”, in others words you are recommended to create an email campaign if you really want to see huge income.
- The whole idea of Project Breakthrough is to promote PBT & HTA
- That’s right, they told you they are going to help you make money within 14 days but since day 1 they didn’t tell you how. But today they revealed its through promoting their exact products
- In order to promote their product, you need to do some of the things they recommend and most of them they mentioned costs money. They want you to become an elite member of their main program called High traffic Academy.
- This is something like a pyramid scheme. You need to purchase these products before you can eventually earn commissions from them.
- They are also affiliates of all the products recommend in their “today’s to do list”, that is the only reason why they ask you to blindly follow them on what they recommend. They will earn commissions from you for signing up.
Day 4: Custom Campaign Blueprint
- Day 4 is a fairly short lesson which lasts around 30 minutes
- basically, as the title mentions, you will be learning how to create a campaign blueprint and leverage on email marketing
- Also be learning how to write catchy email headlines to attract people’s attention, call to actions to use
- I keep hearing Vick frequently using this particular phrase in between his explanation. “… if you are promoting project breakthrough…” seems more like he is indirectly emphasizing us to promote PBT
- He also said to complete your homework from day 3 if you are serious about making money online. Basically, the homework is to purchase all the products that he recommended in day 3 which will easily cost you several hundreds of dollars.
Day 5: Secrets to an Effective Landing Page
- Learn how to build a proper landing page and understand why some works and some doesn’t
- This particular training on landing page was quite good. I learnt few tips on some do’s and don’t on creating a landing page.
- Those with no prior internet marketing experience might struggle to understand some or even most of the concepts and terms mentioned.
- Finally, you will be recommended to buy another of their HTA products called “landing page secrets”. This is going to cost you $497 for a year.
Day 6: Custom Funnel Creation
- Today’s lesson is the starting phase of compilation of what you learn during the past few days
- This lesson is quite long, last around 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- In order to create your funnel, you will be required to use sitesuite – so for those of you who are not an elite member and have not purchased any of their recommended products, you will not be able to move forward from day 3 onwards.
- The sitesuite is definitely awesome. As a internet marketer, myself I am amazed by how useful and simple is the tool to direct traffic.
- Lastly, you will be required to purchase a domain name and link it with the funnel you’ve created. Vick mentioned the domain name should be relevant to your content. For e.g. if you are promoting Project Breakthrough, you wouldn’t want to have a domain name of “loseweightfast.com”.
Day 7: Building a Custom Video
- Basically, today is all about coming in front of a camera and making a video
- This custom video that you will be making will be placed on your landing page that will ideally help you increase your conversion rate.
- Jason will be giving tips on how to present yourself properly in the video to capture the attention of visitors
- Upon creating your video, it is recommended to upload it on YouTube
- Ok here is what all of your are waiting for. At the end, Jason recommended another High Traffic Academy product called “Advanced Video Secret”. This will cost you another $497 for a year.
- Just imagine how much all of these are going to add to if you followed what they said word for word and purchased all their recommended products.
Day 8: Connecting the Dots
- Today’s lesson is very hands on. You will be setting up and linking up whatever you learnt in the previous lessons
- Day 8 will last over 1 hour 30 minutes. Man, I got bored…
- Some of the things that will be covered are, assigning your domain to the funnel you’ve created, add video to landing page, connect funnel to your Project Breakthrough Affiliate Link, connect autoresponder to funnel, create autoresponder email sequence, setting up Google Analytics, Connect and activate Mouse flow(require you to sign up for either free or paid membership) and lastly add title pages in the funnel.
To Be Continued…
A Sneak Peak into High Traffic Academy (HTA)
High Traffic Academy is an online training platform that is catered mainly for people who want to “stand out” from the rest of the online marketers and make some serious money. That’s right, not only are they going to teach you how to make serious money, but they are also going to charge your serious money.
HTA is owned by both Jason McClain and Vick Strizheus.
For those of you are wondering what has High Traffic Academy have got to do with Project Breakthrough, I will explain. Project Breakthrough is one of their 20 over programs from High Traffic Academy, in other words, the company behind PBT is HTA.
If you watched Episode 3 of PBT, you would hear that upgrading to HTA “Elite” is a MUST. Like they always say, just follow them blindly without asking questions and they will lead you to success and glory.
Following them blindly isn’t a big issue, provided there is no catch. But hey, this whole Project Breakthrough program is revolving around catch(s). Being a member of PBT automatically makes you a member of HTA too. But in order to learn the “secret”, you have to upgrade to the elite membership, and it’s not CHEAP.
It’s going to cost you $297 for a month only. $297 may be affordable to some BUT not most, but it doesn’t end here. You are required to purchase some of their additional tools from HTA and elsewhere which could easily add up to $500 per month.
How is Project Breakthrough really structured?
The whole idea of Project Breakthrough is to raise awareness among everyone about their company called “High Traffic Academy”. Basically, they are saying, “Hey, guys look here! We are a established company that knows how to drive traffic that converts which eventually will make you trucks of cash”.
Seriously, before coming across PBT I had NO idea who or what is High Traffic Academy. Seems like these guys have really done their job, now there are probably thousands of people who came to know about this opportunity.
From Day 1 to before Day 3, I thought that they are going to walk you step-by-step on how to make money promoting any kind of products online. However, once you come to Day 3 I realized that the whole purpose of this PBT is to find people to promote PBT and High Traffic Academy.
Watching the examples Vick went through during the training was nice to hear and see, but is it really practical?
If you are wondering what example I’m referring to,
It’s the one where Vick showed bring in “1000” visitors, “3000” visitors, and “7,500 visitors”/month
I believe every single one of you would be BOOSTED when he went through the 7500 visitors per month. The potential amount of money you could earn is around $959,000 in a year which is close to a whopping ONE MILLION DOLLARS.
Wow, awesome right?
Alright but before that ever wondered why Vick and Jason keep mentioning the phrase, I can’t guarantee you will make any money? The reason is simply because this opportunity is not suitable for everyone and doesn’t mean you assume it to happen like that, it WILL HAPPEN.
Vick keeps saying that he lives and breathes “traffic”, meaning he knows how to get traffic on the tip of his fingers. Nice to hear, but if he really can get traffic why on earth must he make use of YOU and ME to bring him visitors(traffic). Instead of paying each member a million, they mind as well bring the traffic on their own so they can have more money for themselves.
Let’s do a quick maths,
If 1 member, payout is $959,000 per year
If they have 1000 active members, it adds up to $959,000,000
Isn’t is Crazy? They don’t even have to work for LIFE!
So the BIG question here is, why do they need someone else to bring them traffic if they are “MASTERS” of traffic. The answer is simple. They are not masters, they are just making use of you and me as part of their “traffic” strategy to bring in more people.
Personally, I don’t mind bring in people for them because their pay is very lucrative. But the problem here is before you even can promote and start bringing in people you already have to spend a huge amount of money. On top of that, there is NO guarantee that you will ever earn any money.
This kind of business model has been around for years and years. The only people who are really making the cut are those who are at the very top end, which in this case is Vick and Jason.
These guys are good at what they do(persuading and brain washing people), that’s why they are millionaires now.
What’s disappointing is they will eventually shoot you with all their upsells. “Buy this and you will learn everything or Buy that and you can master Facebook Ads” – Something like that…
Of course, some people will be eventually tempted to buy. And these upsells are not cheap at all. – Cut throat prices:
- Affiliate Marketing 101 – $297 per year
- Content Marketing 101 – $297 per year
- Data Secrets – $1997 per year
- Email marketing 101 – $297 per year
- Facebook Marketing 101 – $397 per year
- PPC Mastery – $497 per year
- SEO Traffic 101 – $297 per year
Well, these are only partial of their upsells. Just these are going to cost you $4,097 and not forgetting your monthly membership of $297.
Can you really see where this is heading to?
If you are already running a successful business and have lots of money to spare, then you can consider buying all these to increase your income – Maybe?
However, if you are someone who is tight in expenses but still looking for a legitimate opportunity to make money online, this is definitely not for you. Always spend within your means, you don’t want to borrow money and splash on this to find out that you didn’t make money – This is going to cause further complication in your life which we don’t want!
This is not a REAL Business Opportunity
Project Breakthrough isn’t a real business opportunity because all you are going to do is promote Project Breakthrough and High Traffic Academy. You can close your eyes and hold Vick/Jason’s hand and expect them to lead you the way.
BUT, How long? – You shouldn’t be too dependent on them because you are not really learning anything
Project Breakthrough is summed up with this expression.
“Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for lifetime”
See what I mean? Project Breakthrough is spoon feeding you everything they do to only promote their programs, they are not REALLY teaching you how to build a proper online business that should be generating you income for life.
Think about this, how long do you expect project breakthrough or High Traffic academy to be around. If they out of a sudden, run out of business and close down, you, my friend can’t do anything about it. So stop following them blindly, it will do you more harm than any good.
Where to learn a REAL business Opportunity?
If you are wondering where to find a legitimate program that will teach you how to build an online business from scratch and most importantly based on your passion, don’t worry… I can share with you where.
Wealthy Affiliate University is an online community-based platform that will teach you how to build an online business right from scratch. You are going to learn how to start an online business based on something that you are really passionate about rather than just promoting the program itself.
Unlike Project Breakthrough, there are NO B.S. Here! No Fake promises or Fake income claims.
Wealthy Affiliate is only going to Cost you $47 per month(1st Month, $19), or if you are ready to commit yourself for a long time, it’s only going to cost you $359 a year. No gimmicks or No upsells, what you see in the front end is what you get.
Totally the opposite of Project Breakthrough where they mentioned in their introduction they will teach you how to make money for FREE in 14 days, but After day 3 they expect you to spend money and purchase their recommended programs.
Think about it, which is better? $359 per year to build a real business or $6000++ per year to promote a program that you don’t know will exist how long.
Alright, I have come to the end of my review on Project Breakthrough. I really do hope you now understand what this opportunity is all about and would now be able to make a much better decision going forward. If you have any questions or want to share with us your personal opinion or experience, please feel free to do so below.
I look forward to reading all of your comments 🙂